Just for AnglersOctober 1st - 31st
Awards & Rules
Established in 1948, The Destin Fishing Rodeo is the ultimate fishing tournament for saltwater anglers of all ages.
- Over 30,000 anglers compete for over $100,000 in cash and prizes.
- Open Everyday – October 1st through October 31st.
- The Rodeo is FREE to angler’s fishing aboard a registered boat in the Rodeo.
- Weigh-ins everyday on the docks at AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar from 10 am until 7 pm.
- Open to Private and Charter Boats.
- Fishing on pier bridge jetty is free for anglers 14 years and younger.
- A $25 fee is required for anglers 15 and over.
- Over 30,000 anglers compete throughout the month of October.
- Over $100,000 awarded in cash and prizes.
- Daily, weekly and overall prizes.
- Junior, Teen, Ladies and Senior Divisions.
- Virtually every gamefish is recognized with awards during the Rodeo. Whether you’re trolling inshore for King Mackerel, offshore for Marlin and Sailfish, or fishing the deep bottoms for Red Snapper and Grouper, you’ll be in the running for prizes.
The Rodeo has a Rules Committee that governs all activities related to angler and fish eligibility. There are 75 separate rules covering 33 species in 29 divisions. As future state and federal fishing regulations change, so will the Rodeo rules.
General Rodeo Rules
- Anglers must declare division of entry at the time of weigh-in.
- Anglers cannot win multiple awards for single fish (excluding bonus and jackpot awards).
- *The Destin Fishing Rodeo Rules Committee governs all activities related to angler and fish eligibility.